If you are newly engaged, you are probably realizing that planning a wedding can be overwhelming! Choosing your hair & makeup artist in a world full of Pinterest, mood boards, recommendations, and inspiration blogs, can quickly feel like you are being pulled in a million directions. Although there are many vendors out there, it is important to be able to find the right vendor for you. When it comes to hair and makeup, it is so important to not only find a great vendor, but to also find a vendor that is great for YOU!
Today we are diving in with Beautiful Salon & Spa as they shared 6 things to consider when choosing your hair and makeup artist for your wedding. Beautiful Salon & Spa has been a powerhouse in the wedding industry for many years now. Over the years they have worked with hundreds of brides and have seen a wide variety of visions come to life. All of this to say that they know a thing or two about how to find the perfect beauty professional for your wedding day! So today they are here to share the 6 questions that they mentioned to think about when choosing your hair and makeup artist.
1.) History of the hair & makeup artist
- How long have they been working hair and makeup for weddings?
- Will they still be around for years to come?
- This could speak to their experience and ability to adapt to trends and a variety of styles.
2.) Artist Reviews
- How many do they have?
- What do they say?
- Do your homework and read them. Are they mostly good reviews? Do they call out specific instances that may pertain to your wedding as well?
3.) Versatility of hair & makeup
- Do all of their styles look the same?
- Can they vary their styles?
- Are they able to provide a variety of makeup looks from glam to natural?
- Will they work with inspiration and have a vision (for those who need some extra help with picking styles) as well?
- Are they available for your wedding date?
- How far in advance can and do they book?
- Are they able to go on location or have a salon to work in (or both)?
- How big is the team?
- Can they accommodate your entire wedding party in a timely manner?
- Can they do both hair AND makeup? This way you don’t have two hire more than one team.
5.) Diversity for Hair & Makeup
- Are they able to work with different skin tones or a variety of different hair textures?
6.) Personal Connection With The Hair & Makeup Artist
- Can you relate to your stylists?
- Do they make you feel comfortable?
- Are they people you want to spend part of your wedding day with?
After going over these points, I can say that my favorite part about each of these points is that they are so simple, and guaranteed to land you with the perfect hair and makeup artist! With that being said, grab your questions and go find that perfect glam squad!